- In This Section
- Dental Implants
- Implant-supported Dentures
- Same-day Crowns
- Full Mouth Reconstruction
- White Fillings
It can be easy to forget that enjoying a delicious meal, smiling confidently, and enunciating clearly all depend on having a full set of stable, healthy teeth. However, when teeth are lost, their importance becomes all too apparent. This is why the dentists at Palmetto Family & Cosmetic Dentistry provide implant-supported dentures at their Sumter, SC, office. While a traditional denture can make your smile look natural, it remains able to shift out of place. But when implants secure the denture directly to the jaw, you can rely on your smile to function properly whether you are delivering a toast, taking a bite of a crisp pear, or smiling for a family portrait. Drs. Thaddeus H. Vincent, Jr., David M. Van Patten, and William Noonan, Jr. can help determine if implant dentures are right for you.
About Dental Implants
Dental implants replace tooth roots. They are usually made of titanium, with threading that helps them to achieve a secure bond with the jaw. During a surgical procedure, your dentist will insert the implant directly into your jawbone. Over a period of four to six months, the implant will fuse to the bone tissue. This process is called osseointegration. Once this process is complete, the implant essentially becomes a part of your jaw, and can provide the ultimate base for a denture.
When implants secure the denture directly to the jaw, you can rely on your smile to provide incredible benefits and a better quality of life.
Placing Implant Dentures
Our dentists can thoroughly assess your candidacy for dental implants by taking x-rays of your smile. Based on this information, they can determine how many implants you need, and where the should be placed. Once you have healed from implant surgery, we can begin creating permanent dentures that will attach to your implants and provide a comfortable, precise fit.
Many practices must refer patients to other offices in order to complete certain phases of receiving implant dentures. Fortunately, we can plan your treatment, perform surgery, and restore your implants in one convenient location.
Benefits of Implant-supported Dentures
Patients with implant dentures experience:
- Clear enunciation: Because your dentures remain firmly in place at all times, you can speak with clarity and confidence.
- Jawbone retention: The bone tissue in the jaw will eventually begin to shrink and change shape after teeth are lost. Implants are the only solution that can stop this from occurring, which also saves patients the hassle of constantly having to adjust their dentures.
- Longevity: Patients who practice excellent oral hygiene and attend their six-month checkups can expect their dental implants to last the rest of their lives.
- Fully restored chewing ability: While traditional dentures require avoiding tough, chewy, or crunchy foods, patients with implant dentures can eat anything they like without having to worry that their restorations will shift out of place.
- Quality of life: An incomplete smile can be physically uncomfortable while taking a significant toll on your self-esteem. Dentures can help you experience greater enjoyment in your life by allowing you to speak, eat, and smile without feeling self-conscious.
Contact Us Today
If a compromised smile has been affecting your quality of life, you can count on us to restore your health and your confidence. Our experienced dentists can evaluate your candidacy for implant dentures, and create a custom treatment plan to rebuild your smile. To schedule a consultation, contact our office today.