A smile makeover combines multiple cosmetic dentistry treatments, giving you a beautiful grin that you can be proud to share. These procedures can include porcelain veneers, teeth whitening, dental bonding, and more. At Palmetto Family Dentistry, Drs. Thaddeus Vincent, Jr., David Van Patten, and William Noonan, Jr., have years of experience crafting mesmerizing smiles. Furthermore, our Sumter, SC, office is equipped with the latest dental technology to maximize our patients' comfort and streamline their treatment. With the CEREC® system, digital x-rays, and other devices, we can design precise and natural-looking restorations. Above all, we value personalized care and will make sure that you are comfortable throughout the entire process.
Is a Smile Makeover Right for You?
If you are struggling with several cosmetic issues that are affecting your self-confidence, a smile makeover may be a great solutions. In particular, this multi-step treatment can address:
- Internal and external stains
- Cracked and chipped teeth
- Worn teeth
- Excess or uneven gum tissue
- Unusually shaped or sized teeth
Most patients can qualify for a smile makeover. However, before you are able to undergo treatment, your dentist will need to address any existing cavities, serious structural damage, or active gum disease to ensure long-lasting cosmetic results. If you require treatment for multiple conditions, our doctors may recommend a full mouth reconstruction, instead.
Planning Your Smile Makeover
During all of our treatments, we provide highly personalized care. This level of customization is particularly important with a smile makeover. We do not simply want to conceal aesthetic blemishes; we want to transform your appearance and give you a smile you can be proud to show off. To that end, your dentist will thoroughly explain each of the treatment options available to help you choose the most suitable ones for you. He will also review digital x-rays to look for damage and to evaluate your health needs. If porcelain veneers or dental crowns will be included in your treatment plan, a member of our team will create mock-ups that allow you to have a full understanding of what your smile could look like.
A smile makeover combines multiple cosmetic dentistry treatments, giving you a beautiful grin that you can be proud to share.
What Should You Expect during Your Smile Makeover?
Your smile makeover could consist of a number of treatments. Although we can complete many procedures in a single appointment, some treatments may be performed in stages to ensure your comfort or to allow full healing. Our in-house CEREC milling machine often allows us to create same-day restorations, if desired. Depending on your goals, budget, and personal preferences, your makeover could include:
- Veneers: Thin, wafer-like shells of porcelain that adhere to the front of your teeth. Veneers can be used to reshape your teeth, hide small surface flaws, and conceal minor orthodontic problems.
- Dental bonding: Dental bonding offers similar results to veneers, but a different material—composite resin—will be used. This material will be placed directly on your teeth with no need for lab fabrication.
- Same-day porcelain crowns: Crowns can also cover up blemishes and reshape your teeth. Due to their larger size, they are generally appropriate for more dramatic damage.
- Gum contouring: If your gums obscure part of your teeth, or if your gum line is uneven, your dentist can remove some of the excess tissue. He will do so with an advanced laser that will seal blood vessels while it trims away unwanted gum tissue, resulting in minimal discomfort.
- Teeth whitening: Our take-home Opalescence® teeth whitening system is convenient and non-invasive. It can give you a dramatically brighter smile in just two to six weeks.
- Invisalign®: Invisalign can improve both slight cosmetic issues and more severely misaligned bites. The treatment uses clear, smooth, and comfortable aligner trays. The timeline typically takes between nine and 18 months.
Some treatments, like teeth whitening, will need to be performed early on in the process so we can match any necessary restorations to the new shade of your smile. Many times, you can choose the order in which we perform the other procedures. No matter what, we will continue to provide individualized care, and we are happy to answer questions at any time.
Contact Us to Begin Planning Your Cosmetic Treatment
To learn more about what your smile makeover could entail, contact our office online today. You can also schedule a consultation by calling our Tahoe office at (803) 469-3555 or our Liberty office at (803) 773-5411.